02 Dec Continue Your Education Through Our Veterinary Dental Training Center!
Did you know Animal Dental Care and Oral Surgery offers veterinary dental courses for veterinarians and vet techs? It’s true! Our continuing education (CE) courses are taught by board-certified instructors and will provide you with the skills and information needed to administer quality dental care. We are committed to assisting you in implementing a higher level of dental care in your practice! Read on for more information.
WHAT ARE WELL PETS COURSES LIKE?
Our courses and workshops are a combination of lecture and wet lab. Everything is provided for you! You will be given detailed handouts, lab materials, individual specimens, and complimentary instrument sets. Unlike most wet labs held at national meetings, you won’t waste time waiting for materials and instruction. Every participant in our courses will receive an instrumentation set and specimen, so you can jump into learning immediately!
UPCOMING AVAILABLE COURSES
For December, we are offering our Level 1: Introduction to Veterinary Dentistry and Radiology course. This very important class is for veterinarians, vet techs, and assistants. It will cover:
- 12-step dental cleaning procedure
- Oral pathology
- Instrumentation used in cleaning
- Dental radiology
- Interpretation of dental radiographs
- Digital dental radiography systems
- Utilization of digital systems to promote client acceptance of treatment plans
- Dental charting
- Implementing a higher level of dental care in a general practice
The course will offer you the skills necessary to provide a good, deep cleaning procedure and identify oral pathology in patients. You can find detailed information on this course by visiting the course page online.
In January, we will launch into our Introduction to Veterinary Oral and Periodontal Surgery course. This course is for veterinarians only, and is limited to eight veterinarians, with two instructors and one assistant. The course will cover the common techniques needed to deliver the bulk of all dental care required for your patients, and will focus on:
- Oral surgery
- Surgical extraction technique
- Easy retrieval of fractured roots using a technique published by Dr. Woodward
- Repair of oronasal fistulas
- Introduction to periodontal surgery
- Local/regional anesthesia
- Bonded sealants for fractured teeth with exposed vital dentin
This course is limited to eight veterinarians, so sign up today to reserve your spot!
If you are looking for veterinary dental courses or need continuing education (CE) credits, reserve your spot today! Use our online registration system to check availability and register, or give us a call at 719-536-9949 if you have questions about any of our courses.